Alloy 617 is a solid-solution, strengthened, nickel-chromium-cobalt- molybdenum alloy with an exceptional combination of high-temperature strength and oxidation resistance. The alloy also has excellent resistance to a wide range of corrosive environments, and it is readily formed and welded by conventional techniques.
The high nickel and chromium content makes Inconel 617 resistant to various reducing and oxidizing media. Together with chromium, aluminium provides oxidation resistance at high temperatures. Solution strengthening is endowed by cobalt and molybdenum.
The combination of high strength and oxidation resistance at temperatures in excess of 1800°F (980°C) makes Inconel Alloy 617 an attractive material for components such as pipes, combustion tanks and transition linings in aircraft and land-based gas turbines. The Inconel 617 alloy’s composition includes large amounts of nickel, chromium and aluminum, and is highly resistant to oxidation and carburizing at high temperatures. These elements, along with the molybdenum content, also enable the alloy to withstand many humid corrosive environments. The alloy is used in catalyst grid supports in nitric acid production, heat treatment baskets, and reduction boats in molybdenum refining. Inconel Alloy 617 also provides attractive properties for components used in power plants, including fossil fuel and nuclear power.
Inconel 617 Characteristic
With an exceptional combination of metallurgical stability, strength and oxidation resistance at high temperatures.Resistance to oxidation is enhanced by an aluminum addition. The alloy also resists a wide range of corrosiveaqueous environments.
Inconel 617 Chemical Composition
Inconel 617 Physical Properties
|Density||Melting Point||Coefficient of Expansion||Modulus of Rigidity||Modulus of Elasticity|
|8.36g/cm³||1330 – 1380 °C||11.6 μm/m °C (20 – 100 °C)||81 kN/mm²||212.0 kN/mm²|
|0.302 lb/in³||2430 – 2510 °F||7.0 x 10-6 in/in °F (70 – 212 °F)||11.8 ksi||30700 ksi|
Inconel 617 Mechanical Properties
|Product Form||Product Method||Yield Strength (0.2% Offset) ksi(Mpa)||Tensile Strength ksi(Mpa)||Elongation, %||Reduction Of Area, %||Hardness, BHN|
|Plate||Hot Rolling||46.7 (322)||106.5 (734)||62||56||172|
|Bar||Hot Rolling||46.1 (318)||111.5 (769)||56||50||181|
|Tubing||Cold Drawing||55.6 （383）||110 (758)||56||-||193|
|Sheet or Strip||Cold Rolling||50.9 （351）||109.5 (755)||58||-||173|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Inconel 617 ApplicationsI
- Components such as conduit, combustion tank and transition gasket in aircraft landing gas turbine.
- Catalyst grid support in nitric acid production,
- Heat treatment basket and reduction ship in molybdenum refining.
- Power plants provide components,
- Fossil fuels and nuclear power.