The alloy is an aging strengthened nickel base deformation superalloy, containing a high amount of cobalt and a variety of strengthening elements, the alloy has high tensile strength and creep resistance at 815 ~ 870℃, good oxidation resistance and corrosion resistance.
The alloy high fatigue strength and good formability and weldability under the repeated alternating action of hot and cold. Used for turbine engine turbine disc, blade, high temperature fasteners, clamp, sealing ring and elastic components.
Nimonic 90 Chemical Composition
Nimonic 90 Physical Properties
|Density||Melting point||Thermal conductivity||Elastic modulus||Thermal expansion coefficient|
Nimonic 90 Mechanical Properties (Minimum value at 20℃)
|Alloy status||Tensile strength Rm N/mm2||Yield strength RP0.2 N/m㎡||Elongation A5 %|
Nimonic 90 Metallographic Structure：
The main strengthening phase of the alloy is γ ‘-Ni3(Ti, Al), which is precipitated in different sizes of square particles in the grain, and the shape of γ’ phase can also be seen on the grain boundary, where the carbide precipitates in discontinuous chain shape.
Nimonic 90 process properties and requirements:
- the alloy is easy to produce internal cracking when forging, allowing heavy hammer strikes, does not allow low temperature chamfering. Ingot loading temperature shall not be higher than 700℃, final heating temperature shall be 1150℃±10℃, opening forging temperature shall not be lower than 1060℃, and final forging temperature shall not be lower than 950℃.
- The average grain size of the alloy is closely related to the deformation degree and final forging temperature of the forging.
- Tungsten arc welding and flash butt welding with inert gas protection can be performed on the alloy in solid solution state.
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Nimonic 90 ApplicationsI
Used for turbine engine turbine disc, blade, high temperature fasteners, clamp, sealing ring and elastic components.