ERNiCr-3 is a solid wire for MIG / TIG welding, available in bright finish, gives smooth flow, stable arc and spatter free under optimum welding conditions. It gives radiographic quality welds. This wire is used for welding a range of Inconel 600, 601, 690, Incoloy 800, 800H, 800HT, 9% Nickel steel, ASTM B 163, B 166, B 167, B 168 etc. Used for dissimilar applications with carbon steel to stainless steels, low alloy steel to stainless steel and also for 200 and 400 type alloys.
Alloy 82 wire is a high-performance welding wire known for its exceptional versatility and reliability in various welding applications. This alloy wire is composed of a specific combination of metals, primarily nickel, chromium, and iron, which provides it with a unique set of properties that make it ideal for a wide range of welding tasks. This detailed product description will explore the features, specifications, applications, and advantages of Alloy 82 wire, shedding light on why it is a preferred choice among welders and industries worldwide.
High Nickel Content: Alloy 82 wire primarily consists of nickel (Ni) and chromium (Cr). This high nickel content imparts excellent corrosion resistance, making it suitable for welding in aggressive and corrosive environments.
Outstanding Weldability: One of the standout features of Alloy 82 wire is its exceptional weldability. It can be easily welded using various techniques, including gas tungsten arc welding (GTAW or TIG), gas metal arc welding (GMAW or MIG), and submerged arc welding (SAW).
Heat Resistance: Alloy 82 wire retains its mechanical properties even at elevated temperatures. This heat resistance is crucial for applications involving high-temperature welding, such as in the aerospace and power generation industries.
Low Carbon Content: The low carbon content in Alloy 82 wire minimizes the risk of carbide precipitation, which can lead to weld embrittlement. This feature enhances the ductility and toughness of the welded joint.
Excellent Corrosion Resistance: In addition to its resistance to high temperatures, Alloy 82 wire is highly resistant to corrosion from various chemicals and environments, making it suitable for applications in the chemical and petrochemical industries.
Smooth and Clean Welds: Welds made with Alloy 82 wire exhibit a smooth and clean appearance, reducing the need for extensive post-welding cleaning and finishing.
Alloy 82 wire is available in a range of specifications to accommodate diverse welding requirements. The key specifications include:
Diameter: Alloy 82 wire is available in various diameters, typically ranging from 0.030 inches (0.76 mm) to 0.125 inches (3.18 mm). Custom diameters may be available upon request.
Spool Size: It is commonly supplied in spools of varying sizes, with standard spool lengths typically ranging from 12 inches (304.8 mm) to 36 inches (914.4 mm).
AWS Classification: Alloy 82 wire typically conforms to the American Welding Society (AWS) A5.14/A5.14M:2018 standard, which defines the chemical composition and mechanical properties of nickel and nickel alloy welding electrodes.
Surface Finish: The wire is typically available with a clean, oxide-free surface finish, ensuring smooth and consistent welds.
Alloy 82 wire offers numerous benefits to welders and industries, making it a preferred choice for critical welding applications:
Reliability: Its consistent performance and mechanical properties ensure reliable welds that meet stringent industry standards.
Corrosion Resistance: The high nickel content provides excellent resistance to corrosion, even in aggressive chemical environments.
Versatility: Its suitability for various welding techniques and applications enhances its versatility and usability across industries.
Clean Welds: Welds made with Alloy 82 wire typically require minimal post-weld cleaning and finishing, saving time and effort.
High-Temperature Performance: It maintains its integrity and mechanical properties at high temperatures, making it suitable for welding in extreme heat conditions.
Low Risk of Weld Embrittlement: The low carbon content minimizes the risk of weld embrittlement, ensuring the durability of the welded joint.
Maintenance and Care:
Proper storage of Alloy 82 wire is essential to maintain its quality and performance. It should be stored in a dry environment to prevent moisture absorption, which can lead to weld contamination. Additionally, it is advisable to use the wire promptly to avoid any potential degradation over time.
Alloy 82 wire, with its exceptional combination of nickel, chromium, and iron, offers a range of unique properties that make it a go-to choice for welding applications in industries as diverse as aerospace, power generation, petrochemicals, and more. Its resistance to high temperatures, corrosion, and weld embrittlement, coupled with its ease of use and versatility, make it an indispensable tool for welders and engineers seeking reliable and long-lasting welds. Whether you’re working on critical components for aerospace or tackling challenging welding tasks in extreme environments, Alloy 82 wire stands ready to deliver the performance and durability you demand.
- For welding of base materials such as ASTM B163, B166, B167 and B168 – alloys which have UNS Number N06600.
- Suitable for applications ranging from cryogenic to high temperatures making this alloy one of the most used in the nickel family.
- Also be used for dissimilar welding applications between various nickel alloys and stainless or carbon steels, as well as for overlay.
- The welding place must be thoroughly removed oil, rust, water and other surface impurities.
- When welding, small wire energy is used, and low interpass temperature is recommended.
|Condition||Tensile strength Mpa (Ksi)||Yield strength Mpa (Ksi)||Elongation %|
|AWS Reaulrement||550(80)typical||Not specified||Not specified|
|Typical Results as weled||460(67)||260(38)||28|
|Diameter(in）||Diameter(mm）||Process||Volt||Amps (flat)||Amps (V/OH)|
|0.035||0.9||GMAW||26-29||150-190||Spray Transfer 100% Argon|
|0.045||1.2||GMAW||28-32||180-220||Spray Transfer 100% Argon|
|1/16||1.6||GMAW||29-33||200-250||Spray Transfer 100% Argon|
|Wire For MIG/GMAW Welding||0.8mm /1.0mm /1.2mm /1.6mm /2.0mm /2.4mm /2.5mm /3.2mm||-||33 lbs (15kgs)|
|Rods For TIG/GTAW Welding||2.0mm /2.4mm /2.5mm /3.2mm /4.0mm /5.0mm||915mm- 1000mm||11 lbs (5kgs)|
|Wire For SAW Welding||2.0mm /2.4mm /2.5mm /3.2mm /4.0mm /5.0mm||-||60 lbs (27kgs)|
Alloy 82 wire refers to a specific type of wire made from Alloy 82, which is a nickel-chromium-iron alloy commonly used in various industries, including nuclear power generation, petrochemical processing, and aerospace applications.
Alloy 82, also known as Inconel 82, is a solid-solution-strengthened alloy that offers excellent corrosion resistance and high-temperature strength. It is particularly well-suited for welding applications, where it is used as a filler metal to join dissimilar alloys or provide corrosion resistance to the weld area.
The wire made from Alloy 82 is available in various diameters and forms, such as spools or coils. It is used primarily for welding purposes, including welding of stainless steels, nickel-based alloys, and other high-temperature materials.
When using Alloy 82 wire for welding, it is crucial to follow the recommended welding procedures, including proper pre-weld and post-weld heat treatment, to ensure the integrity and performance of the welded joints.
- Welding Applications: Alloy 82 wire is commonly used in welding applications that involve joining or repairing components made of similar or dissimilar materials. It is often employed in the construction and maintenance of equipment for industries such as power generation, chemical processing, and oil and gas.
- Corrosion Resistance: Alloy 82 exhibits excellent resistance to various corrosive environments, including those containing acids, alkalis, and seawater. This property makes it suitable for applications where corrosion resistance is crucial, such as in marine environments or chemical processing plants.
- High-Temperature Strength: Another significant advantage of Alloy 82 is its ability to maintain its mechanical strength at elevated temperatures. It retains good strength and resistance to deformation even when exposed to high heat, making it suitable for applications involving extreme temperature conditions.
- Compatibility: Alloy 82 wire is compatible with a wide range of base materials, including stainless steels, nickel-based alloys (such as Inconel and Monel), and carbon steels. It helps create strong, reliable welds while ensuring compatibility with the parent materials.
Application of alloy 82 wire
Alloy 82 wire, also known as Inconel 82 wire, finds various applications in industries where high-temperature strength, corrosion resistance, and reliable weldability are required. Some common applications of Alloy 82 wire include:
- Aerospace Industry: Alloy 82 wire is used in aerospace applications, such as welding components in gas turbine engines, where the material needs to withstand high temperatures and corrosive environments.
- Chemical Processing: Due to its excellent corrosion resistance, Alloy 82 wire is employed in chemical processing plants for welding pipes, fittings, and equipment exposed to aggressive chemical substances.
- Power Generation: In the power generation industry, Alloy 82 wire is utilized to weld components in boilers, heat exchangers, and other equipment that experience high temperatures and various corrosive elements.
- Nuclear Power Plants: Alloy 82 wire is suitable for welding nuclear reactor components, where resistance to corrosion and radiation is critical.
- Oil and Gas Industry: The wire is used in the oil and gas sector for welding equipment and components that are exposed to harsh and corrosive environments.
- Petrochemical Industry: Alloy 82 wire finds applications in petrochemical plants for welding reactors, vessels, and other equipment used in chemical processes.
- Heat Exchangers: Alloy 82 wire is employed to weld heat exchangers, as they need to endure elevated temperatures and resist corrosion.
- Furnace Components: Due to its high-temperature strength and oxidation resistance, Alloy 82 wire is used to weld components in industrial furnaces and heaters.
- Pipelines: Alloy 82 wire is utilized for welding pipelines, especially in regions where the pipeline may come into contact with corrosive materials or operate at high temperatures.
- Aircraft Engine Components: Inconel 82 wire is employed in the welding of aircraft engine components that require high-temperature resistance and durability.
- Automotive Exhaust Systems: Alloy 82 wire may be used for welding exhaust components in vehicles, as they encounter high temperatures and exposure to corrosive gases.
- Offshore Platforms: In offshore applications, where equipment is exposed to harsh marine environments, Alloy 82 wire can be used for welding critical components.