Hastelloy B2 is a solid solution strengthened, nickel-molybdenum alloy, with significant resistance to reducing environments like hydrogen chloride gas, and sulfuric, acetic and phosphoric acids. Molybdenum is the primary alloying element which provides significant corrosion resistance to reducing environments.
The alloy should not be used in oxidizing media or where oxidizing contaminants areavailable in reducing media. Premature failure may occur if alloy B2 is used where iron or copper is present in a system containing hydrochloric acid. Industry users like the resistance to a wide range of organic acids and the resistance to chloride-induced stress-corrosion cracking. Hastelloy B2 resists the formation of grain boundary carbide precipitates in the weld heat-affected zone, making it suitable for most chemical process applications in the aswelded condition. The heat-affected weld zones have reduced precipitation of carbides and other phases to ensure uniform corrosion resistance. Alloy B2 also has excellent resistance to pitting and stress corrosion cracking.
Hastelloy B2 Characteristic
Control iron and chromium elements in low content, prevent the formation of β phase Ni4Mo.
Excellent corrosion resistance to reducing environments.
Good resistance to medium concentration sulfuric acid and many non – oxidizing acids.
Excellent resistance to chloride ion reduction stress corrosion cracking (SCC).
Excellent resistance to organic acid corrosion
Hastelloy B2 Chemical Composition
Hastelloy B2 Physical Properties
Hastelloy B2 Mechanical Properties (Minimum value at 20℃)
|Heat treatment Method||Tensile Strength (σb/MPa)||Yield Strength (σp0.2/MPa)||Elongation (σ5/%)||Brinell hardness HBS|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Hastelloy B2 ApplicationsI
Hastelloy B2 is widely used in chemical, petrochemical, energy manufacturing and pollution control, especially in the sulfuric, hydrochloric, phosphoric and acetic acid industries. If used in special fields, please consult the material supplier.