This Nickel-Copper alloy is precipitation hardenable, due to the additions of Aluminium and Titanium. It combines the corrosion resistance of Monel 400 but gives the added advantage of extra strength and hardness (as a result of its age hardening ability). Monel® K-500 provides corrosion resistance in several marine and chemical applications.
Monel K500 is a precipitation-hardenable nickel-copper alloy that combines the excellent corrosion resistance characteristic of Monel 400 with the added advantage of greater strength and hardness. These amplified properties, strength and hardness, are obtained by adding aluminum and titanium to the nickel-copper base and by a thermal processing used to effect precipitation, typically called age hardening or agin.When in the age-hardened condition, Monel K-500 has a greater tendency toward stress-corrosion cracking in some environments than Monel 400. Alloy K-500 has approximately three times the yield strength and double the tensile strength when compared with alloy 400. Plus, it can be further strengthened by cold working prior to precipitation hardening. The strength of this nickel steel alloy is maintained to 1200° F but stays ductile and tough down to temperatures of 400° F. Its melting range is 2400-2460° F.This nickel alloy is spark resistant and non-magnetic to -200° F. However, it is possible to develop a magnetic layer on the surface of the material during processing. Aluminum and copper may be selectively oxidized during heating, leaving a magnetic nickel rich film on the outside. Pickling or bright dipping in acid can remove this magnetic film and restore the non-magnetic properties.
Monel K-500 Characteristic:
- Excellent corrosion resistance in an extensive range of natural and chemical environments.
- Excellent resistance tol chloride-ion stress-corrosion cracking.
- High tensile properties up to 650°C
Monel K-500 Chemical Composition
Monel K-500 Physical Properties
Monel K-500 Mechanical Properties (RT, Annealed+Aged)
|Material||Form and Condition||Tensile Strength MPa||Yield Strength (0.2% Offset) MPa||Elongation (%)||Hardness Rockwell B|
|Alloy K 500 Rod and Bar||Cold Drawn Annealed||621-758||276-414||50-25||75-90B|
|Alloy K-500 Rod and Bar||Cold- Drawn Annealed and Aged||896-1310||586-827||30-20||24-35C|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Monel K-500 ApplicationsI
- Pump shafts and impellers
- Doctor blades and scrapers
- Oil-well drill collars
- electronic components
- valve trim.