Incoloy 20 contains niobium for stabilization which enhances its corrosion resistance. The alloy is an iron-base, austenitic alloy with excellent corrosion resistance to a wide range of media.
Alloy 20 shows good resistance to chloride-induced stress corrosion cracking on high nickel content. In addition the alloy also has good resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion.
In the chemical process market, key applications of Alloy 20 are in sulphuric, phosphoric and nitric acid environments.
The alloy is also commonly used in the food industry for the manufacture of food preservatives (phosphorus oxychloride and phosphorus trichloride).
Other uses include the production of gasoline, solvents, explosives, inorganic and organic chemicals, pharmaceuticals, and food and synthetic materials. INCOLOY alloy 020 is readily fabricated to produce mixing tanks, heat exchangers, process piping, pickling equipment, pumps, valves, fasteners and fittings. Applications for alloy 020 requiring resistance to aqueous corrosion are essentially the same as those for INCOLOY alloy 825.
Incoloy 20 Characteristic:
Excellent corrosion resistance and can be used in chloride ion environment. Technical parameters are: hydrochloric acid resistance concentration 0-80%, temperature less than or equal to 65℃; Sulfuric acid resistance concentration 0-33%, temperature less than or equal to 100℃; Resistance to hydrofluoric acid concentration 0-85%, temperature less than or equal to 60℃.
It can still maintain good corrosion resistance in high temperature environment.
Excellent resistance to wear, especially at high temperature and pressure.
With high strength, ductility and impact toughness and other mechanical characteristics, can meet various engineering needs.
In the process of welding performance is good, in the correct selection of welding materials and welding technology, can achieve high quality welding.
It shows good stability in high temperature environment without deformation or failure.
Incoloy 20 Chemical Composition
|Min||32.5||19||2||-||3||-||-||-||-||8.0 x C 1.0||-|
Incoloy 20 Physical Properties
|Density||Specific Heat||Thermal Conductivity at 200°F (93°C)||Electrical Resistivity||Young’s Modulus (70°F)||Shear Modulus (70°F)||Coefficient of Expansion|
|g/cm³||lb/in³||Btu/lb-°F||J/kg-°C||Btu-in/ft2-h-°F||W/m-°C||ohm circ mil/ft||μΩ-m||10³ksi||GPa||10³ksi||GPa||77-212°F, 10-6 in/in•°F||25-100°C, μm/m•°C|
Incoloy 20 Typical Room Temperature Mechanical Properties
|Tensile Strength, ksi(MPa)||Yield Strength (0.2% Offset),ksi(MPa)||Elongation, %|
|90 (620)||45 (300)||0.4|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Incoloy 20 Applications
- Sulfuric acid pickling tanks, racks and heating coils
- Phosphate coating drums and racks
- Heat exchangers
- Bubble caps
- Process piping
- Mixing tanks
- Chemical and petroleum process equipment