Hastelloy C-22 is a most versatile nickel-chromium-molybdenum-tungsten alloy with improved resistance to both uniform and localized corrosion as well to a wide variety of mixed industrial chemicals.
The alloy is a nickel-based superalloy composed of nickel, molybdenum, cobalt, tungsten and other elements. The nickel content is about 60%. It is a versatile Ni-cr-Mo alloy that offers better overall corrosion resistance than other existing Ni-Cr-Mo alloys, including Hastelloy C-276, C4 and 625 alloys. Hastelloy C22 alloys have excellent resistance to pitting, crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking. It has excellent antioxidant capacity to aqueous media, including wet chlorine, nitric acid, or oxidizing acid mixtures containing chloride ions. At the same time, Hastelloy C22 also has ideal resistance to the reducing and oxidizing environments encountered during the process. Because of this versatile performance, it can be used in some troublesome environment, or in multiple production purpose plant applications. Hastelloy C22 is exceptionally resistant to a variety of chemical environments, including highly oxidizing substances such as ferric chloride, copper chloride, chlorine, and thermal pollution solutions. Liquid (organic and inorganic), formic acid, acetic acid, acetic anhydride, seawater and salt solution, etc. Hastelloy C22 is resistant to grain boundary 1 precipitation formation in the welding heat affected zone, which makes it suitable for many chemical process applications in the welding state.
Hastelloy C-22 Characteristic
- Nickel-Chromium-Molybdenum-Tungsten alloy with better overall corrosion resistance compared to any other Ni-Cr-Mo alloys,such as Hastelloy C-276,C-4 and alloy 625.
- Good resistance to pitting corrosion,crevice corrosion and stress corrosion cracking.
- Excellent resistance to oxidizing aqueous media including wet chlorine and mixtures containing nitric acid or oxidizing acids with chlorine ions.
- Offering optimum resistance to environments where reducing and oxidizing conditions are encountered in process streams.
- Can be used in some headache environment for the universal property,or used in a variety of factory production.
- Exceptional resistance to a wide variety of chemical process environments including strong oxidizers such as ferric acids,acetic anhydride,and seawater and brine solutions.
- Resists the formation of grain-boundary precipitates in the weld heat-affected zone,providing excellent as-welded conditions for process applications in chemical-based industries.
Hastelloy C-22 Chemical Composition
Hastelloy C-22 Physical Properties
Hastelloy C-22 mechanical properties
|Form||Test Temperature,°c||Thickness / Bar Diameter,mm||"Yield Strength (0.2% Offset),MPa||Tensile Strength,MPa||Elongation,%|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Hastelloy C-22 ApplicationsI
Widely used in the field of chemical and petrochemical,such as application in organic components containing chloride and catalytic systems. This material is especially suitable for high temperature,inorganic acid and organic acid (such as formic acid and acetic acid) mixed with impurities,sea water corrosion environments. Can be used to make the following main equipment or parts:
- The acetic acid/acetic anhydride;
- Acid leaching;
- The cellophane manufacturing;
- The chloride system;
- The complex mixture acid;
- Electric galvanized trough roller;
- The expansion bellows;
- The flue gas cleaning systems;
- The geothermal well;
- Hydrogen fluoride melting pot washer
- The burning cleaner system;
- The burning cleaner system;
- The fuel regeneration;
- The pesticide production;
- Phosphoric acid production.
- The pickling system;
- The plate heat exchanger;
- The selective filtering system;
- Sulfur dioxide cooling tower;
- The sulfonated system;
- Tube heat exchanger;
- The valve surfacing.
C22 is a nickel-based superalloy renowned for its exceptional resistance to corrosion and a wide range of aggressive environments. Also known as UNS N06022, this alloy belongs to the Hastelloy family and is composed mainly of nickel, chromium, molybdenum, and tungsten. C22 nickel alloy offers superior performance in highly corrosive conditions, making it a preferred choice for applications in chemical processing, petrochemical, and other industries where resistance to corrosion and aggressive media is critical.
Excellent Corrosion Resistance: C22 nickel alloy exhibits exceptional resistance to corrosion in various acidic environments, including sulfuric acid, hydrochloric acid, phosphoric acid, and other aggressive media. This property makes it suitable for use in applications involving chemical processing and petrochemical industries.
Versatility: C22 is a versatile alloy that maintains its corrosion resistance over a wide range of temperatures, making it ideal for both high-temperature and cryogenic applications.
High-Strength and Ductility: Despite its impressive corrosion resistance, C22 retains good mechanical properties, including high strength and ductility, allowing it to withstand mechanical stresses in demanding conditions.
Oxidation Resistance: The alloy’s chromium content provides resistance to oxidation and enhances its performance in high-temperature applications.
Easy Fabrication: C22 nickel alloy is easily fabricated and can be welded, machined, and formed using standard industrial techniques, allowing for the creation of complex components.
C22 nickel alloy finds use in a wide range of applications, including but not limited to:
Chemical Processing: C22 is widely employed in chemical processing equipment, such as reactors, vessels, and heat exchangers, where resistance to corrosive chemicals is essential.
Petrochemical Industry: C22 is used in various petrochemical applications, including piping systems, valves, and fittings exposed to aggressive hydrocarbon media.
Pharmaceuticals: C22 is suitable for pharmaceutical and biotechnology applications where the use of corrosion-resistant materials is critical.
Pollution Control: C22 is used in air pollution control systems and flue gas desulfurization (FGD) units due to its ability to resist acidic gases and high-temperature environments.
Marine Environments: C22 is utilized in marine engineering, seawater piping, and offshore structures due to its resistance to corrosive seawater and marine atmospheres.
C22 nickel alloy is available in various product forms, including:
Sheets and Plates: C22 sheets and plates are used in fabricating corrosion-resistant components for chemical processing and petrochemical applications.
Pipes and Tubes: C22 pipes and tubes are employed in various corrosive environments, providing reliable and durable solutions for fluid transport.
Bars and Rods: C22 bars and rods find use in machining and fabrication of specialized components requiring high corrosion resistance.
Fittings and Flanges: C22 fittings and flanges are essential in constructing corrosion-resistant piping systems for critical applications.
Manufacturing and Composition:
Machining and Forming:
Joining and Welding:
Safety and Handling:
C22 nickel alloy (UNS N06022) stands as a testament to the remarkable properties of nickel-based superalloys. Its outstanding corrosion resistance and versatility make it an indispensable material in chemical processing, petrochemical, and other industries where resistance to aggressive environments is paramount. From chemical reactors to marine structures and pollution control systems, C22 nickel alloy continues to drive innovation and ensure the integrity of critical components. As industries seek to conquer the challenges of highly corrosive environments, C22 remains a reliable and trusted ally, setting the standard for excellence in corrosion-resistant materials and shaping the future of engineering excellence.