A precipitation-hardenable nickel-iron-chromium alloy with additions of molybdenum and copper. It combines the high strength of a precipitaiton-hardenable alloy with the excellent corrosion resistance of Incoloy alloy 825.
Incoloy Alloy 925 (UNS N09925) is an agehardenable nickel-iron-chromium alloy with additions of molybdenum, copper, titanium and aluminum.
The nickel content is sufficient for protection against chloride-ion stress corrosion cracking. The nickel, in conjunction with the molybdenum and copper, also gives outstanding resistance to reducing chemicals. The molybdenum aids with the resistance to pitting and crevice corrosion. The alloy’s chromium content provides resistance to oxidizing environments. The titanium and aluminum additions cause a strengthening reaction during heat treatment.
Incoloy alloy 925 is used in various applications requiring a combination of high strength and corrosion resistance. Because of the alloy’s resistance to sulfide stress cracking and stress-corrosion cracking in “sour” (H2S containing) crude oil and natural gas, it is used for down-hole and surface gaswell components including tubular products, valves, hangers, landing nipples, tool joints and packers. The alloy is also useful for fasteners, marine and pump shafting and high-strength piping systems
Incoloy 925 Characteristic
- Good mechanical strength and extensive corrosion resistance.
- It has good corrosion resistance to chloride ion stress corrosion, local corrosion and various reducing oxidizing chemical media.
Incoloy 925 Chemical Composition
Incoloy 925 Physical Properties
|Density，g/cm3||Melting Range ，°C||Electrical Resistivity，μΩ-m||Permeability at 200 oersted (15.9 kA/m)|
Incoloy 925 Mechanical Properties
|Form/Condition||Tensile Strength||Yield Strength (0.2% Offset）||Elongation||Hardness|
|Round/Solution-Annealed and Aged||1154||832||27||32 C|
|Cold Drawn Tubing/Solution-Annealed and Aged||1189||830||27||35 C|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Incoloy 925 Applications
- Petrochemical Industry
- Ship Building
- General Structural Purposes
- Offshore and Onshore Services