Haynes 188 is a cobalt based alloy with excellent high temperature strength and great oxidation resistance up to 2000° F. Haynes 188’s has good resistance to sulfidation and good metallurgical stability, therefore Haynes 188 can be easily fabricated.
We produce and supply Haynes 188(Alloy 188) N30188/W.Nr 2.4683 in the shape of bar, wire, strip, sheet, Tube, Ect.
◆ Round Bar ◆ Wire ◆ Strip ◆ Sheet ◆Tube
The excellent oxidation resistance of Haynes 188 results from minute additions of lanthanum, which modifies the protective oxide scale in such a manner that the oxide becomes extremely tenacious and retards diffusion when exposed to temperatures through 2100°F (1150°C).
Haynes 188 exhibits good ductility after prolonged exposure at temperatures of 1200, 1400, and 1600°F (650, 760 and 870°C) for 16,000 hours.Alloy 188 is also particularly resistant to sulphate-deposit hot corrosion.
Haynes 188 Characteristic
- Strength and oxidation resistant to 2000°F
- Good post-aging ductility
- Resistant to sulfate deposit hot corrosion
Haynes 188 Chemical Composition
Haynes 188 Physical Properties
Haynes 188 Mechanical Properties
|Mechanical & Physical Properties||21°C||427°C||538°C||649°C||760°C||871°C||982°C||1093°C|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength /MPa||944.6||-||-||710.2||620.5||413.7||241.3||131|
|0.2% Yield Strength /MPa||462||-||-||275.8||268.9||248.2||131||62.1|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion µm/m⁰C||-||14||14.8||15.5||16.2||16.9||17.8||-|
|Thermal Conductivity /kcal/(hr.m.°C)||-||15.5||17.1||18.9||20.7||21.6||23.5||-|
|Modulus of Elasticity/ x105 MPa||2.34||2||1.93||1.79||1.72||1.65||1.52||-|
Haynes 188 Typical stress fracture strength
|100 hours, ksi||32||22||14||9||5|
|1000 hours, ksi||23||15||9||6||2|
- Bars & Rods & Foring Ring /Flanges
- Sheet & Plate
- Strip & Coil
- Welding Wire &Spring wire
- Seamless Tube & Welded Pipe
»Round Bar & Square Bar & Hexagon Bar
● Diameter : φ8～φ300mm Length:10mm-6000mm
● Hot forging, Hot Rolling, Cold Drawing
● Bright Surface, Polished Surface, Black Surface
»Tube & Pipe:Seamless Tube& Welded Pipe
● Cold Drawing Seamless Pipe： φ1.0～φ220mm
● Hot Extrusion pipe: φ50～φ250mm
● Others : U Blend Tube and Elbow
»Hot Rolled Plate & Cold Rolled Sheet
● Cold Rolling Sheet Thickness: ≦2.0mm Width:≦1500m
● Hot rolling Plate Thickness: ≧4.0mm Width: ≦2500m
»Strip & Tape Ribbon
● Thickness: ≧ 0.01mm Width: 15mm-300mm
● Cold rolling BA Strip, Hard & Soft Condition
»Straight Length Wire & Spool Wire
● Welding Wire: φ 0.1mm～6.0mm Cut length Rod: φ1.0～φ8.0mm
● Package : 5-25kg/Spool or Box
Haynes 188 ApplicationsI
ecause of its excellent strength, ductility and oxidation resistance, Haynes 188 meets the critical high-temperature material requiredments for gas turbine applications as well as many of those in the airframe, chemical and nuclear fields.
Typical uses are as transition ducts, combustor cans, spray bars, flame-holders and afterburner liners in jet engines.